A cold delight on summer day
Summer is usually associated with ice cream. On hot days you know exactly which kind of food can easily and quickly cool you down from inside. And, of course, its ice cream. But not just classic ice cream. Creamsicle citrus and creamy dessert!
Let’s see how such tasty and flavored Creamsicle dessert came into our lives.
Story of Popsicle
One day, 11-year-old Frank Epperson from Oakland, California, made a sweet drink, stirring all the ingredients with a wooden stick, and left the glass in the backyard.
That night the weather was freezing, and when Epperson discovered the drink the next morning, he saw it frozen. Pulling the wooden stick, he pulled it out and ate it.
It happened in 1905, and after 18 years later, Epperson patented Popsicle – the name that he gave to his invention offered by his children means “a sweet soft drink.”
During the 20th century and till now, more and more variations of the beloved summer dessert appear in the United States. And all citizens are celebrating this day every 14th Of August.
Today we prepare a super delicious recipe for this delightful summer dessert
This ice cream is super tasty, and it won’t take a lot of your time. Delicious orange summer dessert is here for your pleasure.
Cooking divides into two stages: first, you need to boil the creamy mass, cool it down for 12 hours in the refrigerator, and mixed with chilled orange juice and liqueur after all that is to be frozen. Then put it in the fridge along with the cream. Then it will have the right temperature before freezing.
And here is the tastiest homemade creamsicle delight:
- 500 ml cream 30%
- 15 grams of milk powder
- 90 grams of sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 200 ml fresh orange juice
- 30 ml of orange liqueur
- Place the cream, sugar, zest, and milk powder in a saucepan with a thick bottom and mix well. Bring to a boil, but do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Cool the milk mass as soon as possible. (You can put the bowl in a container with ice and cold water) Cover tightly with a lid and put the cooled mass with zest in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- After some time, pour cold orange juice and liqueur into the milk mass, mix well.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, remove the zest and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze the contents to a soft ice cream consistency, place it to another clean dish with a lid. Put the ice cream in the freezer and harden completely. It will take 1-2 hours. The orange ice cream is ready.
Eat, enjoy, and invite your friends to celebrate this day together, making unbelievable creamsicle experimenting with different kinds of juices. Pick your favorite flavor and create your summer delight.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you didn't like it? But why?