Lemon Jam Recipe: Types Of Delicious And Easy Lemon Jam Recipes
Lemon is a healthy fruit containing a huge percentage of vitamin C, which is very useful for the human body. This fruit perfectly helps with colds in winter and is an excellent tonic in the summer heat. Lemons are often used to prepare various healthy drinks to strengthen the immune system. Lemon jam has become no less popular now. In the finished form, such a wonderful delicacy has an amazing aroma and taste. Let’s get to know about the easy lemon jam recipe.
Useful Properties of Lemon Jam
Lemon jam, prepared without heat treatment, is especially useful. It retains the maximum amount of vitamin C. This dessert is useful to eat to increase immunity and prevent colds. During seasonal infectious diseases, the lemon jam will help to quickly cope with the symptoms of malaise — headache and fever, sore throat, lack of appetite, and weakness.
Lemon with ginger helps with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and in combination with honey, it not only improves the overall resistance of the body but also has a beneficial effect on the nervous system
Blueberry Lemon Jam Recipe
- 1 kg of blueberries;
- 600 g of sugar;
- 1 lemon.
- Chop half of the blueberries with a blender in a purée and mix with the sugar in a saucepan. Grate the lemon zest on a fine grater, squeeze out the juice. Pour the juice into a saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on medium heat and, stirring, bring to a boil. Wait until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the remaining blueberries into a saucepan and cook over low heat for 1 hour 15 minutes, until the jam thickens. In the end, add the grated lemon zest and cook for another 5 minutes.
- The jam is ready.
Substitute for Lemon Juice in Jam Recipe
You can replace lemon juice with various ingredients that are more often found in the kitchen than fresh lemon, but the main thing is to always observe the proportions when replacing and not abuse other components:
- Citric acid. The most common and inexpensive substitute for lemon juice. To replace it, citric acid is mixed with warm water.
- Juice of other citrus fruits. They are replaced in a ratio of 1:1.
How to Prepare Lemon Marmalade Jam
- Lemons — 4 pieces of medium size;
- Sugar — 2 cups (0.47 l);
- Water-130 milliliters (for syrup);
- Boiled water — 60 milliliters.
- Gelatin — 30 grams.
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl and pour cold boiled water. Depending on the manufacturer’s recommendations, the product should be kept in water for 10 to 35 minutes.
- In 130 milliliters of water, we dissolve the sugar and bring the syrup to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, and then turn off the gas.
Types of Delicious and Easy Lemon Jam Recipe
Lemon Jam Recipe
Lemon jam is a delicacy that is made with peeled lemon, sometimes it is not peeled. If you eat a spoonful of jam at least once every few days, the body will better absorb calcium and iron. The useful qualities of lemon jam are due to its composition. It contains a lot of vitamin C, which increases immunity. The uniqueness of this dessert is that many new interesting delicacies are prepared on the basis of the basic version. Spices, fruits, oranges, ginger are added to it.
Orange Lemon Marmalade Jam Recipe
This recipe is very similar to the lemon marmalade jam, so you can use it. Just add oranges to the ingredients. Oranges are added in a peeled form, since the citrus zest releases bitterness when cooking. The orange pulp is cut into pieces of the same size and shape as the melon.
Lemon Honey Jam Recipe
To strengthen the immune system and prevent colds, it is good to prepare ginger jam with lemon. It contains 3 ingredients that perfectly harmonize with each other.
Honey-500 ml; ginger root-60 g; lemons-2 pcs.
- Pour boiling water over the lemons.
- Cut into pieces.
- Remove the bones.
- Peel the ginger.
- Pass the citrus fruits and ginger through a meat grinder.
- Mix it with honey.
- Arrange them in jars.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Lemon Curd Jam Recipe
Tender and fragrant lemon curd jam is a very useful dessert for children, rich in calcium. Lemon jam gives it a bright and slightly sour taste.
Lemon Marmalade Jam Recipe
A lemon marmalade delicacy with a rich and refreshing taste is an excellent addition to every breakfast. For making marmalade jam, it is better to choose small round and smooth lemons with a thin skin, such as the Meyer lemon variety. They have a more delicate taste.
Meyer Lemon Jam Recipe
Meyer’s lemons have less acid in the pulp and more sugar. Meyer’s lemons are considered one of the best substitutes for real ones. Therefore, Mayer lemon jam will be a great treat for kids.
Melon Lemon Jam Recipe
This jam is a bright combination of flavors. The desert has an unusual taste. Melon jam with lemon is very much loved by children, as it is not only sweet but also has an interesting sourness.
Lemon Tomato Jam Recipe
This jam is served as a sauce for a variety of snacks: a cheese cracker, a cheese plate. Tomato-lemon jam turns out to be moderately thick and very tasty.
Fig Ginger and Lemon Jam Recipe
This jam is for immunity. With regular use, ginger, lemon, figs, honey can not only protect against colds but also increase the immunity of the entire body as a whole.
For the lemon ginger jam recipe, any lemons are suitable: if you like, light bitterness in the jam, then you can take thick-skinned ones. To make the jam come out sweeter and without bitterness, ripe and with a thin peel are more suitable. This lemon jam recipe is easy and useful.
Strawberry Lemon Jam Recipe
Light marmalade jam with strawberry and lemon flavor is a real pleasure! It is ideal on toast or in the company of tender yogurt. It is prepared on pectin, so it requires less time and sugar.
Strawberry Jam Recipe with Lemon Juice
- Strawberries — 1 kg;
- Sugar — 1 kg;
- Lemon — 1/2 pcs.
- The ingredients are the same as in the previous recipe;
- Wash the strawberries;
- Cover with sugar and leave for 2 hours;
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon;
- Crush the strawberries in a blender;
- Add lemon juice;
- Put on the fire and bring to a boil.
We believe that lemon homemade jam is an incredibly delicious delicacy. Kids and adults like its unforgettable citrus taste. Bright yellow color will cheer up in the cold season. Lemon helps to cope with colds, so it must be prepared for autumn and winter.
- Are your kids happy? Yes?! We are glad of it!
- Oooops, I'm sorry you didn't like the article. Can you tell me why?