Orange Jam Recipe: 4 Delicious Orange Jam Recipes That will Make Your Kid Happy
Orange jam for breakfast is a good way to recharge your energy. It is not difficult to prepare the product yourself, at home. There is a huge amount of orange jam recipe for every taste. Now we find out the simplest and most delicious of them.
Easy Orange Jam Recipe
- Unpeeled oranges — 1 kg;
- Sugar — 0.7 kg;
- Water — 200 ml.
- First, you need to cut the oranges in half and carefully remove all the seeds. The fruit itself should be divided into slices;
- To make the jam homogeneous, use a blender to get a homogeneous mass;
- Take a container for cooking jam and pour fruit purée, sugar, and water into it;
- Immediately put the jam on a large fire, when it starts to boil, the fire decreases, and the mixture is cooked for an hour to thicken a little. As you cook, you need to stir the jam;
- The finished jam becomes thick, acquires an amazing, amber hue and a rich taste.
- Pour the jam into clean jars, let it cool, and put it in the refrigerator. It is stored in the refrigerator for 10-14 days;
- If you want to make jam from blood orange, then this recipe is also great for this, just replace the usual oranges with bloody ones and get blood orange jam recipe.
Orange Marmalade Jam Recipe
- Oranges — 5-6pcs;
- Sugar-10-11 tbsp;
- Zest of one orange;
- Gelling mixture — 1 sachet.
- Wash the oranges and divide them into halves.
- Squeeze the juice out of them.
- Pour the juice into a saucepan, if necessary — through a fine strainer.
- Add sugar to the pan.
- Add the orange zest.
- Mix the whole mixture gently and bring to a boil, constantly
- Leave it on the stove on very low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Allow your marmalade to cool down a little and serve as you wish: arrange it in glasses.
Orange Jam Recipe with Pectin
- 3-4 large oranges;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 30 g of pectin
- Washed fruits must be peeled and pitted, cut into pieces, and grind the pulp in any convenient way.
- Now you should combine the pectin with sugar and add it to the pulp of oranges, mix well.
- After that, the whole mass should be heated in a wide enameled saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, bring to a weak boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Then the hot jam should be poured into prepared dry-clean jars and closed with lids, cool at room temperature. During the cooling process, the finished product acquires a thick consistency.
Orange Jam Recipe without Pectin
- Wash the oranges and remove the zest from them. Try to remove only the topmost, orange layer, without affecting the white one lying under it;
- We will free the oranges from the white layer, cut them to get rid of all the seeds, and chop them in any way;
- We put the orange mass and sugar to cook;
- To thicken the jam without pectin, you need to cook it as little as possible, so that as much of the original fresh orange flavor remains in it as possible. The wider the dishes, the thinner the layer of orange mass in it and the more the orange mass will reach the desired density;
- Stir the jam and watch it thicken. As soon as its consistency approaches the desired one, add the zest to it;
- You can use this fragrant jam in baking.
- The proposed method of cooking the dish is suitable not only for oranges but also for many other fruits. It is quite acceptable to make mixed jams: combine a red-orange with an ordinary one, with lemon or grapefruit. If you choose this fruit, you will need to keep it in boiling water for a longer time, because there is a lot of bitter zest in it. When you are choosing a grapefruit for jam, it is advisable to add more sugar.
- To prepare jam, you need to choose only fully ripe and high-quality fruits. You cannot use damaged, spoiled, or started to rot. The better the oranges or other fruits used for jam, the tastier it will turn out and the longer it will stand.
We believe that Oranges are not only delicious but also healthy fruits. Orange jam is an incredibly delicious treat for the whole family. The jam has a pleasant, sunny color, a delicate consistency, and a rich taste. Sweet jam with a bright taste and a slight bitterness can be used for pancakes and toast, pie preparation, pastry and cake layers. Your kids will be very pleased with such a delicious treat.
- Are your kids happy? Yes?! We are glad of it!
- Oooops, I'm sorry you didn't like the article. Can you tell me why?