GET HANDS-ON WITH SOME NEW ACTIVITIES AT HOME: HOW TO MAKE KINETIC SAND TODAY
My kids love this stuff, but I noticed that it can be a little pricey. Here is a recipe to make your homemade kinetic sand from scratch. There is something to be said for deep learning through activity. I always talk about kinesthetic learning with my kiddos. The great thing about this kinetic sand is that it’s not just like any other sand. It’s more similar to the consistency of play dough, which means it sticks together and is goopy and malleable. What is kinetic sand made of? Just a few simple ingredients you can pick up just about anywhere. This goopy goodness will surely keep your kiddos entertained for hours.
List of benefits from kinesthetic learning
- Your child will have an easier time retaining information. Movement and physical interaction can show your child instantly what they have learned, therefore better their understanding.
- “Wasting” or using energy can bring back more energy. This process can help kids stay focused. Easier to stay on task when there is an application.
- Aids in improving analytical thinking skills. A physical approach to learning can help kids discover information for themselves.
- Easier to take an appropriate amount of risks, to aid in the learning process. Risks will help to find innovation and of course growth as well.
- When learning kinesthetically, it is easier to self-pace oneself. This way it’s easier to find confidence in your achievements versus comparing oneself to others.
Make this super moldable and squishy kinetic sand today with your kiddos! There are few methods to make this fun sand. One method is completely from scratch, and the other uses “slime” either bought or made by scratch.
The kinetic sand ingredients you need for this one are really simple. How is kinetic sand made? Easy peasy, follow these simple steps!
- 1 cup play sand
- ½ tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp dish soap
- 1 cup water (adjust as needed)
Start in a large bowl combining your 1 cup play sand and ½ tbs corn starch. You can use a large bin or bowl. Mix this well. In a separate container combine your 1 cup water with 1 tsp dish soap. Stir this up until it is nice and bubbly. Slowly add your two mixtures together in one bowl. Add the water bit by bit instead of all at once. Depending on the texture of your sand, you will either need more or less water. Add water to the desired consistency. You don’t want your mixture to be too sticky, this means you have added too much water. The mixture should still imitate sand but stick together when squeezed in your hands. That’s it! This recipe is super easy peasy! Now all you need is to get a large bucket and shovels to play with. You can use just about anything to play with inside this sand. You can even try cookie cutters! Check your kitchen for some gadgets that you could incorporate into your afternoon of fun!
This is how to make kinetic sand at home which just a few ingredients! This is what you will need
- Disposable containers
- Disposable spoon (as the slime will stick to it)
- Kitchen sifter
- Play sand
Start by either making or buying “slime” and add it to your large disposable container. Next, use your handy kitchen sifter to take out the super small stones. Add together your slime and sand and combine until it clumps up. I recommend finishing the stirring process with your hands to make sure your product is not too sticky. Adjust your radio of slime to sand if your consistency is too dry or too wet.
If you don’t want to make kinetic sand on your own your can 100% buy it or order online. We hope this site has helped you make your own kinetic sand! Make sure to store your kinetic sand in an air-tight container. That way you can reuse it many times over. Enjoy your goopy sand and make sure to have fun!
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you didn't like it? But why?