Healthy Smoothies For Kids – The Useful Of Smoothies And Recipes Smoothie Drinks For Kids
All kids love a milkshake, juice, or a delicious smoothie. Thanks to these drinks, you can noticeably diversify the usual meal, as well as decorate the festive table. The advantage of smoothies kids love is not only in their taste but also in the fact that they are rich in variety.
What Are the Benefits of Smoothies for Kids?
Smoothies are filled with useful substances and vitamins for a growing body. This drink is useful for the daily diet of both kids and adults. Vitamins help to strengthen the immune system; it is easier to tolerate diseases. They are involved in the regulation of metabolic processes in the body. Vitamins are an important component of the formation of good health in kids. Smoothie drinks for kids are natural, «live» vitamins. For their better assimilation, you need to follow some rules when using them. For example, in order for vitamin A to be better absorbed by the body, it should be taken in a small amount of fatty food. Healthy smoothie recipes for kids already contain all the necessary ingredients for better absorption of all nutrients. In the summer and during the early autumn, parents are obliged to provide the kid’s body with a good vitamin supplement. Smoothies are the most delicious and cool drink in such hot weather.
Best Smoothies For Kids
kids for its specific taste like this drink. It is a mixture of fruits, vegetables, or berries and somewhat resembles mashed potatoes. This is a real vitamin bomb. Most often, the drink is consumed chilled, adding ice during cooking. You can prepare a drink based on milk, yogurt, and other dairy products, as well as based on juice. Here are some interesting and delicious kid-friendly smoothie recipes.
Smoothie Ideas For Kids
Banana, Apple, and Berry Smoothie
Chop one banana, a medium-sized apple, and a handful of blueberries, raspberries or strawberries in a blender. Add a small amount of boiled water or weak cold tea. You can add a little milk, yogurt to fruits, and berries. If the apple and berries are too sour, you can add a spoonful of honey to the smoothie.
Smoothie with Banana and Cocoa
- banana — 2 pcs;
- cocoa — 2 tbsp. l.;
- milk or kefir-150 ml;
- honey — 2 tsp.
Directions: first beat the banana with cocoa and honey, add the amount of milk or kefir, depending on the desired density.
Healthy Kid-Friendly Smoothies
Separately grind in a blender:
- a glass of red berries (raspberries, cherries, strawberries);
- the pulp of one kiwi and half a cup of gooseberries;
- Two tablespoons of yogurt and half a banana.
- Put the multicolored puree in a transparent cup in layers: red, white, green, etc.
- The surface can be decorated with pieces of fruit used in the cocktail.
You can also add a bright orange layer by mixing a piece of baked pumpkin with half an orange in a blender. Pumpkin goes very well with the aroma and taste of citrus fruits and its own taste is masked at the same time.
Pumpkin Smoothie with Orange and Dried Apricots
You will need to pre-bake the pumpkin, soak the dried apricots in water, peel the orange and choose the seeds.
- To prepare a smoothie, place a cup of baked pumpkin slices, 4-5 pieces of soaked dried apricots, and an orange, divided into slices and peeled from films, in the bowl of a blender. It is necessary to beat thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- You can decorate a smoothie with a slice of orange and a spoonful of sour cream or cream. In this case, a little fat will only benefit, as it will help in the absorption of carotene contained in pumpkin and dried apricots.
Kid-Friendly Breakfast Smoothie
Many kids do not like oatmeal. However, in a beautiful purple smoothie, it becomes invisible.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of instant flakes with hot milk for a few minutes.
- While the oatmeal absorbs the milk and becomes soft, whisk half a cup of natural yogurt, the pulp of one banana, a handful of blueberries in a blender.
- Add the oatmeal together with the milk to the finished mass, and whisk again.
Oatmeal Smoothie with Raspberries
- oat flakes — 2 tbsp. l.;
- natural yogurt-150 ml;
- nuts — 30 g;
- raspberries-100 g;
- honey — 1 tsp.
Directions: pour the oat flakes with yogurt and leave for a few hours. Then we put the flakes with yogurt in the bowl of a blender; add raspberries, nuts, and honey. Whisk everything until smooth. We decorate the smoothie with raspberries and nuts.
Simple Smoothie Ideas
Cucumber Smoothie with Herbs
One of the easiest smoothie ideas that will appeal to adults and kids.
- Whisk the cucumber, a glass of yogurt, and finely chopped parsley, and dill in a blender.
- As an option: add also a medium-sized tomato, sweet Bulgarian pepper.
Smoothies with Green Tea
Tea is present in the recipe instead of water. It should be brewed in advance, then strain and cool.
- For half a glass of weak green tea, you will need a glass of green grapes peeled from the seeds and twigs and half a glass of pineapple cut into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Smoothie’s Recipes For Kids – Smoothie Recipe Chart
Apple Smoothie Recipe for Kids
- Apples – 3 pcs.
- Yogurt-250 g;
- Honey – 2 teaspoons;
- Cinnamon – half a teaspoon.
- Wash the apples and dry them thoroughly.
- Then peel them, cut them, and get rid of the seeds.
- Grate the pieces on a fine grater and unload them into a blender, then bring the mixture to a puree state with a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the consistency and mix thoroughly again using the same blender.
- Pour the smoothies into glasses.
- Add ice cubes and serve to the table. You cannot use honey if the yogurt is sweet.
Strawberry Kids Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberries-300 g;
- Banana – 1 pc.
- Yogurt-300 ml;
- Honey-to taste.
- Peel the banana and cut it into small circles.
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly.
- After-cut everything into small pieces.
- Place the sliced pieces in a blender and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the resulting mixture, except kefir. Mix everything again.
- Add the kefir and repeat the mixing procedure again.
- Pour the finished smoothie into glasses.
- Decorate each glass with mint leaves.
Kids Smoothie Recipes
For cooking, we will need such simple smoothie ingredients:
- Strawberries-150 g;
- Pear – 1 pc.
- Peach-1 pc.
- Honey-1 teaspoon;
- Yogurt – 4 tablespoons.
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly, get rid of the stalks and dry them.
- After drying, cut the berry into small pieces.
- Also, wash the pear and peach, dry and chop.
- Put all the fruits and berries in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add yogurt to the mixture and repeat the procedure again.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a consistency resembling mashed potatoes.
- Pour the finished smoothie into glasses and serve on the table
Easy Simple Smoothie Recipes of Chocolate
A whole lot of vitamins hidden behind the chocolate taste – this is about this smoothie.
You will need:
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until a beautiful and smooth consistency. Garnish with raspberries.
Creative Smoothie Recipes
One of the unusual recipes in which there is no fruit at all, but there is peanut butter, which kids like and contains a lot of protein.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (finely ground flakes)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup of any milk
- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (you can make it yourself from butter and nuts)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Put the oatmeal in the bowl of a blender and grind it into flour. Add ice, milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract, and mix until smooth. Pour it into a glass and enjoy!
Simple Smoothie Recipe for Kids
You will need:
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 125 g pineapple, cut into pieces and juice (can be canned)
- 2 medium bananas
Add all the ingredients to a blender and whisk, gradually increasing the speed of work. Knead for about 1 minute until smooth. Serve chilled.
We believe that a smoothie will be an ideal solution for those moms who cannot force their kid to eat vegetables or fruits they do not like. Depending on the composition, a smoothie can become a nutritious breakfast, a light snack, or a small treat for kids.
- Are your kids happy? Yes?! We are glad of it!
- Oooops, I'm sorry you didn't like the article. Can you tell me why?