Try a Lemonade Recipe for Kids: a Great Afternoon Activity to Cook Together
If you ask me when it comes to homemade lemonade, it really comes down to the right balance between sweet and tart. Getting the ratio right isn’t always the easiest to do! This super duper easy recipe only needs three ingredients, so no need for syrups or anything. Take just five minutes out of your day to make this easy lemonade recipe for kids. There’s nothing like sipping lemonade on a hot sunny day on a lawn chair.
You could even have your little kiddos mix up a batch and sell it at the end of the driveway. I can remember also doing it as a child, making a few dollars to spend at the corner store. Perhaps if your kids want to make lemonade to sell for neighbors, whip up together a colorful sign to go along with it. Baked goods go great with a lemonade sale. Nothing beats your easy peasy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Keep scrolling to find all the info you need to make your lemonade event for your kiddos! Don’t forget to use them as helpers as you go along, ask them to cut paper for the sign and decorate, or mix the bowl of cookie dough as you measure out ingredients.
This kid-friendly lemonade recipe goes great for a hot sunny day! If you really want to get into it add some sprigs of mint! You can always feel free to play with the ratios of ingredients to adjust to your own taste pallet. I know I like mine a bit more tart than sweet. Really whatever suits your liking.
Homemade lemonade for kids is great for any playdate or birthday party your hosting. As your kiddos are coming in all sweating and cranky from being outside playing, cool them off with this super simple recipe. If you want to use straws, I highly recommend these new recyclable ones that are made from cardboard. I try to avoid plastic when I can!
Tips for making lemonade
Next time your shopping at your local grocer, check to see if they have a sale on lemons. Stock up because anyway they keep for a good amount of time in the refrigerator. Now that I’m all about the Mediterranean diet, I put freshly squeezed lemon juice on just about everything! It’s so good for you as well. I use it for tahini, for salads, and many more!
Make your lemonade
Ingredients for lemonade
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 6 cups water (one cup for the syrup)
- 5 to 8 lemons (depending on the size)
- Sprigs of mint to garnish (optional)
Step by step directions
- Step 1- You will need water, sugar, lemons, and mint (optional)
- Step 2- Now you need to make your sugar syrup. Use a medium-sized saucepan, combine your sugar and one cup of water.
- Step 3- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium flame, and keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Step 4- Remove your pan from the stove and bring it to room temperature. Place in the fridge as you mix up the rest of your lemonade. Now you have your simple syrup made and ready to go.
- Step 5- Juice your lemons through a strainer or straining device of your choice. Do this until you have one cup of lemon juice.
- Step 6- Mix together in a pitcher your lemon juice with five cups of nice cool water.
- Step 7- Add in your simple syrup from the fridge.
- Step 8- Serve with lots of ice and mint if you like!
- Are your kids happy? Yes?! We are glad of it!
- Oooops, I'm sorry you didn't like the article. Can you tell me why?